The Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und-prüfung (BAM) is a materials research organization in Germany focused on ensureing safety in technology and chemistry by performing research and testing in materials science, materials engineering and chemistry. To improve the safety of products and processes, we require the services of a young and motivated Research Assistant.
Your responsibilities include:
Research in the field of additive manufacturing of components for infrastructure systems exposed to chemically aggressive media; specific tasks include:
• Synthesis and chemical / mineralogical characterisation of inorganic gels
• Chemical / mineralogical characterisation of cement-based materials produced by various additive manufacturing processes
• Assessment of the results regarding the influence of composition and process parameters on the microstructure and properties of the materials
• Documentation, reporting and publication of the results
• Scientific degree (Master / Diploma) in mineralogy, applied geosciences, chemistry, materials science or equivalent academic studies
• Theoretical knowledge of and practical experience with powder X-ray diffraction for inorganic materials, experience with quantitative phase analysis is advantageous
• Theoretical knowledge of and practical experience with at least one spectroscopic method (e.g., IR, Raman, XAS) for the characterisation of inorganic solids, additional methods are advantageous
• Theoretical knowledge of and practical experience with scanning electron microscopy and optical microscopy is advantageous
• Practical experience with the synthesis of alkali silicates (e.g., gels, zeolites) is advantageous
• Practical experience with testing and chemical/mineralogical characterisation of cements and cement hydration products is advantageous
• Very good command of English (written and spoken), good command of German (written and spoken) is advantageous
• Accurate, self-reliant and team-oriented way of working, good communicative skills and dedication
• Publication and presentation skills
• Interdisciplinary research at the interface between politics, economics and society
• Work in national and international networks with universities, research institutes and industrial companies
• Outstanding facilities and infrastructure
• Equal opportunities
• Possibility to attain a PhD
We welcome applications per email. Please send your application to the following address: email@example.com by July 26, 2019, quoting the reference number 133/19 – 7.4 Please attach detailed application documents to the email as a summarised file in PDF format (max. 20 MB). Alternatively, you can also send your application by post, to:
Mr. Dr. Petr Hlaváček will be glad to answer any specific questions you may have. Please get in touch via the telephone number +49 30 8104-4721 and/or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BAM pursues equal opportunities. For this reason, we particularly welcome female applicants. Recognised d¬is¬ab¬led applicants with ident¬ical suitability will ¬be ¬sel¬ected pre¬ferentially.
BAM actively supports the compatibility of work and family and has been certified as a family- and life-phase-conscious employer by the “audit berufundfamilie” since 2015.
November 5, 2019
October 30, 2019
October 3, 2019
September 23, 2019